Sunday 26 August 2012

I heart Blake Lively

Warning: This post may read like a teenager gushing about their favourite celebrity - it's actually a person in their mid-twenties gushing about their favourite celebrity.

I've always been a huge fan of Blake Lively and her style and wanted to do a post on her for quite some time, so I thought what better day to write one than her Birthday! (I read once somewhere that her birthday was on the 25th of Aug. and I'm good at remembering dates, that's how I know. I'm not some psycho-stalker-fan. Just a regular-crazy-fan).
Posing for Vogue
So, Blake Lively - where to begin? Whether she's playing It-girl, Serena Van Der Woodsen on Gossip Girl.... 
Reed Krakoff Trench Coat;
Dior Shoes & Emily Cho Clutch
     
    Stella McCartney Sequin Knit Dress;
Jay Ahr Blazer; Annalena Bag &
 Lanvin Cutout Pumps
Vera Wang gown


...Getting Coffee in NYC....
 
Topshop Knitted Stripe Top
Outfit Unknown; Burberry Warrior Bag
...Or strutting her stuff on Red Carpets around the world...
Marchesa Dress; Lorraine Schwartz Jewels & Burberry Shoes
Left: Marchesa Fall 2011 at Cinemacon
Right: Marchesa Spring 2011 gown at BAFTA
Zuhair Murad at 'Savages' LA Premiere
Nonoo Lyons Blazer; Stella McCartney Thigh-high Boots
at Eric Daman's book launch party
Karl Lagerfeld's muse can do no wrong (fashion-wise), even without a stylist.
Chanel Spring Couture Blazer at Chanel Cruise Collection Party
It's no wonder then that she is a Chanel ambassador.
In the Chanel "Mademoiselle" Ad
And is always spotted Front Row at any major fashion gig.
With Anna Wintour at Fashion's Night Out in NYC wearing a Marchesa dress
She has quickly become a style icon in her own right. I love everything she wears!

And I especially love her long, thick, wavy hair...

Her signature hairstyle
...which is something we both have in common (and the fact that we were both born in 1987) - except her's is golden like sunshine and mine, dark as night. She gives me the confidence to wear my hair au natural and rock it, without feeling the need to always have it pin straight or meticulously curled.

She's always my first source of inspiration when trying to put together outfits. Can't wait to see what she wears next...
Noon by Noor Tuxedo Dress & Christian Louboutin Metallic Pumps
Happy Birthday, Blake Lively (even thought it's technically not 25th Aug in Australia anymore - it still is in the States)! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aww cute post! haha I totally understand your fascination with her, she is so effortlessly gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks for understanding! I totally have a girl-crush on her!! :P

      Delete