Sunday 3 March 2013

The last few days of summer...

This weekend was a really good one - food-wise and weather-wise. On Friday night we made an impromptu plan to go have dinner in the City. Mr. Pre was expecting to be busy but then he wasn't, so we decided to make the most of it. We ended up at Lemongrass in Lygon St.This multi-award winning restaurant, really lived up to its reputation. The food was AMAZING!
Thai-style Corn Fritters
Yummy Prawn Entrée (don't know the name but it was DELICIOUS)
Crispy pork with stir-fried veggies and Steamed Rice
One of the best Pad-Thais I've had outside of Thailand

 I had to get ready at short-notice so here's my quick-fix outfit for the night...


Loose White Top: *$15 (Cotton On)
Black High-waisted Shorts: $35 (Glassons)
Red Bag: *$25 (Forever New)
Glitz Black Bling Flats: *$60 (Santini) 
Bracelet: *$5 (Forever New)
Bow Necklace in Soft-Gold: $19.95 - Portmans

Outfit Total: $159.95
* = sale prices

And today we decided to enjoy the sunshine; we headed out to brunch in St. Kilda. Gattica's breakfast menu has so many wonderful options, it's hard to pick one. But the good thing is, you know no matter what you order, you won't be disappointed.
Poached Eggs with Goats Cheese, Rosemary Mushrooms & Sourdough Toast
Haloumi & Basil folded Eggs with crispy Shallots & Sourdough Toast
 Wanting to make the most of the warm days, I decided to wear shorts again, while I still can. Here's my colour-blocked Sunday Brunch outfit...

 

Top: *$20 (I.D.S)
Shorts: *$5 (Cotton On)
Rope Belt: Came with a dress
Bracelet: $19.99 (Lovisa)
Bag: *$34.95 (Forever New)
Colour Block Ballet Flats: *$25 (Forever New)
Sunnies: Usual

Outfit Total: $104.95
* = sale prices

I've recently created a Facebook page for the blog and also added Social Media buttons to the right-side bar so we can keep in touch in more ways than one. Please take the time to look at these and Like/Follow if you wish.
TIA. :)
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmm such good food! I'll keep lemongrass in mind!

    I just discovered a thai place near my house (which has been there for yeaaaaaars but i never really went there) and i love it!

    And love your outfits! how good is this warm weather! I'm busting out all the skirts and shorts while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't want summer to end! :(
      And Lemongrass is REALLY GOOD! I highly recommend it. Even we normally just get Thai from the local takeaway place and its great. But if you want a nice meal out with good ambience, this is definitely a good place to go.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I am def putting that place on my list of places to eat! Food looks AMAZING!

    Gorgeous outfits x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Yes, both places had great food! I'm salivating just looking at these pics again. ;)

      Delete
  3. OMG the Haloumi & Basil folded Eggs with crispy Shallots & Sourdough Toast is making hungrrry!

    X

    http://everything-classy-and-fabulous.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a goooood brunch!!! Can't wait to do it again.

      Delete
  4. cute outfits! and that food looks amazing. I'm hungry now, :D. New follower!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    POLISHED CONCRETE SYDNEY
    CONCRETE RESURFACING SYDNEY
    FLOOR LEVELLING SYDNEY
    CONCRETE REPAIRS SYDNEY
    EPOXY COATINGS SYDNEY
    CONCRETE POLISHING SYDNEY
    Happy Times

    ReplyDelete